The Service Academy Business Mastermind (SABM) is filled with Service Academy graduates on an entrepreneurial-, career- and business-building adventure.
We are a community of Academy grads who create exponential value for each other through new learning, collaboration and connections.
Our core purpose is to help Service Academy graduates achieve freedom of time, money, happiness and purpose through entrepreneurship and business ownership.
There are lots of programs out there to help Service Academy graduates transition from a military to a civilian career. But how about a program to help Academy grads transition into entrepreneurship? Or to take their business to a 10X level?
- Academy Grads are the top 3% of the top 3%. Stanford, Harvard, MIT, Dartmouth, Yale and others might think they have the best entrepreneur and business owner graduates. They’re wrong.
- Entrepreneurs and business owners are the people who create new jobs and move the economy forward.
- Entrepreneurship is a spiritual journey that uses our talents and experiences to create new value in the world.
- The best entrepreneurs don’t compete. They create something so uniquely valuable and personal that no one can replicate it.
- Inside SABM, we don’t compete with each other. We share our insight, expertise, experiences, wisdom, and connections to help each other reach new heights.
- Making money isn’t bad or evil. It’s a powerful journey that tests your limits as you are rewarded for creating value.
- If you make money doing what you love and you are great at it… you will never have to “retire.”
Founder of SABM
Scott Mackes, USNA '01
Scott Mackes has dedicated his career to supporting the success of fellow military veterans interested in building new businesses. He is the founder of the Service Academy Business Mastermind (SABM) Group, a worldwide community of military veterans who share resources, information, insight and professional guidance to advance business ideas and opportunities through a trusted network.
Scott is also the founder of StrengthsMugs.com, an online shop where he sells products related to Gallup’s StrengthsFinder assessment. Since launching StrengthMugs.com in 2016, they have shipped thousands of StrengthsMugs to individuals and organizations around the world.
After struggling with his own transition into business ownership, Scott built a platform to make the process easier for everyone wanting to take a similar path. SABM is a place for graduates of all ages and from all Academies to share their knowledge, experience, and networks to make the community stronger.
Scott’s CliftonStrengths: Competition, Includer, Futuristic, Achiever, Self-Assurance
Choose Your Program
Grow Your Business
Join the 10X Vets Program
Achieve Financial Freedom
Join the high-powered six-month course
Invest in Vets
Get the funding you need or invest in an opportunity.
Fund Military Veteran Entrepreneurs
Invest in the Academy Fund