“Ingram Capital builds community through real estate…we buy dilapidated, abandoned homes, fix them up, and turn them into safe, single-family homes as long-term rentals.” – Wil Ingram (USNA ‘11)
Wil Ingram is a U.S. Navy veteran on a mission to build community through real estate. His interest in real estate began while serving as a Surface Warfare Officer in the U.S. Navy. After spending three out of his six years in uniform at sea, he decided it was time for a career change so he could spend more time with his growing family and founded Ingram Capital, LLC with his brother. Ingram Capital, LLC operates out of Dayton, Ohio and specializes in single-family long-term rental properties. Wil and his brother are passionate about buying semi-distressed or abandoned homes, fixing them up and making them useful for the community again.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What Ingram Capital does and why Wil recently acquired a cabinet and flooring company
- What made it possible for Wil to transition into real estate full time
- Wil’s best practices for managing and scaling a real estate investing business
- How Wil is meeting his goal to double the number of properties he owns this year
- Why it’s important to find a mentor and identify what motivates your goals
Wil also shares what it’s like to work with his brother every day, how they maintain a strong personal and professional relationship and some of the biggest lessons they learned from mistakes made early on in the business. We enjoyed learning what makes Dayton, Ohio a unique real estate market and listening to how Wil is managing rising interest rates. Wil also discusses how Ingram Capital finances investment properties and elaborates on the benefits of real estate investing. We’ve loved getting to know Wil and have no doubt he’ll not only meet but exceed his goal of 3500 properties under management by 2030.
Connect with Wil:
If you found this episode valuable, please share it with a friend or colleague. If you are a Service Academy graduate and want to take your business to the next level, you can join our supportive community and get started today.
Subscribe and help out the show:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Also available on Google Podcasts, Spotify & Stitcher
- Leave us a 5-star review!
Special thanks to Wil for joining me this week. Until next time!
-Scott Mackes, USNA ’01