Tom Kent (USMA ’95) is the Founder of Career Nerds, a career coaching company for successful professionals who want great jobs. After graduating from West Point in 1995, he served as an Army Intelligence Officer for several years. After the Army, he was hired to work in over 10 cities on 3 continents for large companies like IBM and Expedia as well as for several startups. While mastering the “Art of Career Transition”, he has helped many people get new jobs and careers. Today, he coaches people who are transitioning to a new job or career on how to find their ideal job and get hired.
In this episode, Tom and I discuss:
- His 3-step process for connecting with decision makers on LinkedIn
- His best tips for focusing your job search and his “flood the zone” framework for networking
- His biggest lessons learned from starting his career coaching business
Connect with Tom Kent:
Watch the video interview:
If you found this episode valuable, please share it with a friend or colleague. If you are a Service Academy graduate and want to take your business to the next level, you can join our supportive community and get started today.
Subscribe and help out the show:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Also available on Google Play, Spotify & Stitcher
- Leave us a 5-star review!
Special thanks to Tom for joining me this week. Until next time!
-Scott Mackes, USNA ’01