“Life insurance, real estate and the stock market are all tools…you can live your life and have your career and at the same time build generational wealth. It’s not just about making money, it’s not just about buying houses. It’s about growing your future. It’s about setting your goals and figuring out how to get them. That’s what excites me.”
– Tom Connally (USNA ‘83)
This is the longest Real Estate Accelerator podcast episode to date and it’s packed with a ton of wisdom we want everyone to hear. Tom Connally is a U.S. Marine Corps veteran, close friend and mentor to the White Feather Investment team. Despite a few bad experiences with real estate in the past, Tom dove into the Accelerator ready to learn. In less than one year, Tom invested in six properties and a short-term rental syndication, lost $40K to wire fraud and got the money back, formed five LLCs, and saved over $23K on taxes. His story is both educational and inspirational and demonstrates why having the right mindset and the right network are the keys to success in life and business.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why Tom decided to invest in real estate after bad experiences in the past
- How Tom lost $40K to wire fraud and the amazing story of how he got it back
- What cost segregation is and why it can save you a lot of money on taxes
- Why there’s more to real estate investing than simply making money
We also enjoyed hearing that Tom’s children are now beginning to invest in real estate as a result of his knowledge-sharing. We’re grateful to Tom for sharing the lessons he learned on the road to financial freedom and hope his story educates, motivates and inspires you to take charge of your future.
Connect with Tom:
Subscribe and help out the show:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Also available on Amazon Music, Spotify & Stitcher
- Leave us a 5-star review!
Schedule a call with the Real Estate Accelerator team to learn about the upcoming course.