“The whole idea is to create something that provides lifelong memories that Veterans can share with their friends and family.”
– Toby Prudhomme (USMA ‘96)
Toby Prudhomme (USMA ‘96) is President of Extreme Adventures, a 501(c)(19) non-profit organization that provides outdoor experiences for Veterans and their families. His goal is to enhance the lives of America’s Veterans through recreational and social opportunities that reengage them with the activities they love and unite them with people who share similar backgrounds and experiences. Toby grew up hunting and fishing in Louisiana. He’s a retired U.S. Army officer and completed over five combat deployments.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why Toby founded a non-profit outdoor adventure company for Veterans
- How outdoor adventures build camaraderie and help military Veterans process difficult experiences
- What a typical adventure with Toby and the team looks like
- How Extreme Adventures fund their outdoor experiences, making them free for Veterans to join
Toby also shares his goal to plan 6-10 fully funded trips for 2023 and how the company is working to minimize expenses and establish long-term relationships with donors and other funding sources. We also discuss why the outdoors in particular facilitates healing by eliminating unhelpful distractions. The work Tony is doing at Extreme Adventures is so important. We can’t wait to see how his company continues to grow and look forward to hearing more stories from his outdoor adventures.
If you found this episode valuable, please share it with a friend or colleague. If you are a Service Academy graduate and want to take your business to the next level, you can join our supportive community and get started today.
Subscribe and help out the show:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Also available on Google Podcasts, Spotify & Stitcher
- Leave us a 5-star review!
Special thanks to Toby for joining me this week. Until next time!
-Scott Mackes, USNA ’01