Sean Drake (USMA ‘90) is the Founder of Stony Lonesome Group, a boutique merchant bank that focuses on early-stage seed capital investing encompassing Stony Lonesome Advisors and the Stony Lonesome Capital funds. Founded in 2011, Stony Lonesome Group is a pioneer and thought leader in the Vetrepreneurship ecosystem with a commitment to investing in Veteran founded and Service Disabled Veteran led companies. Stony Lonesome Group has invested $8m across 30 portfolio companies and is currently investing in Military Medicine, Healthcare, Veteran Care, Cybersecurity and Big Data. The Honorable Patrick Murphy is the Former Acting Secretary of the Army and a General Partner at Stony Lonesome Group.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Their investment philosophy and why they invest in Veteran led companies
- Their favorite market sectors to invest
- Their best advice for military veteran entrepreneurs who are seeking capital
Connect with Sean & Patrick:
If you found this episode valuable, please share it with a friend or colleague. If you are a Service Academy graduate and want to take your business to the next level, you can join our supportive community and get started today.
Subscribe and help out the show:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Also available on Google Play, Spotify & Stitcher
- Leave us a 5-star review!
Special thanks to Sean for joining me this week. Until next time!
-Scott Mackes, USNA ’01