Scott Sanders (USNA ’80) is the owner of Tobacco Barn Distillery, a true ground-to-glass distillery bringing the best whiskies, bourbons and rums to the Maryland area. Their signature “Constellation Rum” is fermented, double-distilled, and sealed in four bourbon barrels for an embarkation aboard the U.S.S. Constellation in Baltimore, Maryland. Pretty cool story!
In this episode, Scott and I discuss:
- How they grew their business to sell their products in over 20 liquor stores in the Maryland area and their plan to expand into other states
- How their farm uses a combination of solar, geothermal, and heat recovery systems as part of their commitment to protect Southern Maryland’s environment
- Fun stories about how he used bourbon as a bargaining chip with foreign officers while serving in the Navy
Connect with Scott Sanders:
If you found this episode valuable, please share it with a friend or colleague. If you are a Service Academy graduate and want to take your business to the next level, you can join our supportive community and get started today.
Subscribe and help out the show:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Also available on Google Play, Spotify & Stitcher
- Leave us a 5-star review!
Special thanks to Scott for joining me this week. Until next time!
-Scott Mackes, USNA ’01