Ray Garfield (USNA ‘66) is the Chairman of Garfield Public Private (GPP), a national real estate development firm that focuses on developing essential buildings for public entities. Ray founded GPP in 1997 in Dallas, Texas after an extensive career in commercial real estate, real estate development, and investment banking. Ray’s projects include the Durham Performing Arts Center, Westin Irving Convention Center Headquarters Hotel, Atlanta Municipal Courthouse, and many more.
In this episode, Ray and I discuss:
- How GPP thinks creatively about structuring the financing on their projects
- Why GPP decided to focus on building in the public sector
- The key experiences Ray had as a midshipman and a Naval officer that helped him as an entrepreneur
- Two job opportunities for the SABM Community
Connect with Ray:
If you found this episode valuable, please share it with a friend or colleague. If you are a Service Academy graduate and want to take your business to the next level, you can join our supportive community and get started today.
Subscribe and help out the show:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Also available on Google Podcasts, Spotify & Stitcher
- Leave us a 5-star review!
Special thanks to Ray for joining me this week. Until next time!
-Scott Mackes, USNA ’01