“We really wanted to create something that had a broader appeal, something that could bridge the gap between civilians and civil servants, a conversation starter where people would say what is that and what does it mean.” –Tyler Merritt, USMA ’06
Tyler Merritt graduated from West Point in 2006 and served in the Army for 11 years as an Apache Helicopter Pilot. During his service, he deployed multiple times to Iraq, Afghanistan, the Arabian Peninsula, and South America in support of special operations. He earned the bronze star and numerous air medals for his actions in combat.
In 2012, Tyler founded Nine Line Apparel, an online clothing store that represents the grit and commitment of all Patriotic Americans. In 2016, Nine Line Apparel was ranked #31 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in America.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to identify a profitable niche and scale a business to reach the masses
- Best practices for maintaining strong relationships in a family business
- Time-management tips for building a business in your spare time
- How to build a business that gives back and serves a larger purpose
I hope you enjoy this episode of The Service Academy Business Mastermind Podcast!
Connect with Tyler Merritt and Nine Line Apparel
If you found this episode valuable, please share it with a friend or colleague. If you are a Service Academy graduate and want to take your business to the next level, you can join our supportive community and get started today.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. This is a brand new show and your ratings and reviews really help. I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
Special thanks to Tyler for joining me this week. Until next time!
-Scott Mackes, USNA ’01