“If you align incentives in purchasing a home… you create value for the resident of the home who wants to share on the upside and you create a tremendous amount of value for the investors who want a resident who cares about the home and wants to take care of it.” -Kent Keirsey, USMA ‘03
USMA alumni Kent Keirsey and Peter Crawford are co-founders of Acre Homes, an innovative real estate company that provides consumers with a better way to purchase and live in a home they love. After serving as an Infantry Officer, Kent has spent his post-military career building businesses in both the real estate and healthcare spaces. Peter, a former Infantry and Special Forces Officer, has worked in management consulting and operations.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Kent and Peter’s inspiration to improve the model for buying a home in the U.S.
- How Acre works from the homebuyer’s perspective
- Acre’s unique offerings that differ from a typical mortgage
- Kent and Peter’s short-term and long-term goals for Acre
- The strength that lies in connecting with other veterans and giving back to the community
Kent and Peter share how Acre is a lower-risk home buying option for individuals who are unsure about their long-term plans. Acre fills the gap that exists between renting a property and taking on a traditional mortgage. Thank you to Kent and Peter for providing a unique solution that meets the needs of so many consumers who are looking for a home.
Connect with Kent and Peter:
If you found this episode valuable, please share it with a friend or colleague. If you are a Service Academy graduate and want to take your business to the next level, you can join our supportive community and get started today.
Subscribe and help out the show:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Also available on Google Podcasts, Spotify & Stitcher
- Leave us a 5-star review!
Special thanks to Kent and Peter for joining me this week. Until next time!
-Scott Mackes, USNA ’01