Joe is a financial attorney and co-owner of ASR Alternative Investments with over 20 years of experience in both the legal and financial industries. After graduating with a degree in Electrical Engineering from the United States Air Force Academy, Joe was commissioned and served as an A-10A Thunderbolt II fighter pilot and was stationed in the United Kingdom and West Germany. Joe also received his Masters of Science in Business Administration from Boston University and his JD from the University of Texas School of Law. If that’s not impressive enough, he also worked as a commercial airline pilot!
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Joe made the transition from fighter pilot to financial attorney
- How and why he co-founded ASR Alternative Investments
- Why his company pivoted to the debt industry
- Current trends in the debt market
- Tips for raising capital and the importance of finding your market
Joe also talks about the unique structure of his company’s funds and trusts, the difference between Regulation D Rule 506(c) vs. Rule 506(b), the advantages of working with accredited investors and some of the challenges he’s working to overcome. Just in case you’re wondering, we also discuss airplanes! Joe is a fount of knowledge. His straightforward methods for helping individuals understand the complexities of investing are inspiring and illuminating.
Connect with Joe:
If you found this episode valuable, please share it with a friend or colleague. If you are a Service Academy graduate and want to take your business to the next level, you can join our supportive community and get started today.
Subscribe and help out the show:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Also available on Google Podcasts, Spotify & Stitcher
- Leave us a 5-star review!
Special thanks to Joe for joining me this week. Until next time!
-Scott Mackes, USNA ’01