John Oliver (USMA ’89) is the Investment and Operations Manager at Battle Monument Partners, a private commercial real-estate fund that recently was named by RVA BizSense as the 2018 Fastest Growing Company in Richmond, Virginia. He is a 1989 graduate of West Point, and a 1995 graduate of Yale School of Management.
In this episode, John and I discuss:
- How their real estate portfolio has doubled in size to 30 commercial properties in the last 18 months
- Why he invests in commercial properties leased by discount retailers in the Southeast
- The surprising skill that he learned in the Army that has helped him as an entrepreneur
Connect with John Oliver:
If you found this episode valuable, please share it with a friend or colleague. If you are a Service Academy graduate and want to take your business to the next level, you can join our supportive community and get started today.
Subscribe and help out the show:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe on Google Play
- Subscribe on Stitcher
- Leave us a 5-star review!
Special thanks to John for joining me this week. Until next time!
-Scott Mackes, USNA ’01