“Have a vision and keep charging forward. That’s the bottom line. Don’t give it up. Don’t give up on your vision.”
– John Landherr (USNA ‘92)
John Landherr (USNA ‘92) is a Marine Corps veteran and experienced business executive turned real estate investor. When John and his wife decided to invest in a short-term rental property in Southern California, they had no idea they would encounter some big permitting challenges. Despite unforeseen difficulties, they persevered with their vision and now have an amazing short-term rental property that doubles as their family vacation home. Their dream vacation home is not only a cash-flowing investment, but it also generated six figures in tax savings!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why John decided to invest in Southern California real estate
- How to overcome permit issues and win over skeptical neighbors
- Lessons learned from working with a short-term rental management company
- Why short-term rentals are a great investment that can also add value to your lifestyle
John also shares why he decided to invest in Oceanside, California and why it’s important to do your research before investing in a property. We also break down the financials and John tells us how he’s already gained $500K worth of equity in just nine months. John’s story proves it’s not only possible to purchase an investment property with zero upfront costs, but that it’s also possible to enjoy a dream family vacation home for free. We can’t wait for you to listen to this powerful story of perseverance and resilience!
Connect with John:
Subscribe and help out the show:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Also available on Amazon Music, Spotify & Stitcher
- Leave us a 5-star review!
Schedule a call with Buddy and the White Feather team to learn about the upcoming Real Estate Investing Accelerator course.