“If you can get the right tools behind you and understand where your vision will take you, there are no limits to what you can do.”
– Greg Martin (USAFA ‘98)
Greg Martin (USAFA ‘98) is a Principal at The Enginuity Group in Charlotte, North Carolina where he provides boutique M&A services including buy-side advising, sell-side advising, business scaling, and other M&A services. Greg’s military service established a foundation of integrity, service, and excellence, which informs every relationship that he builds and every transaction he advises. Greg is also an accounting professor. His primary research interest in financial accounting includes earnings management, fundamental analysis, audit quality, and financial reporting quality.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Greg’s background and what led to his career in M&A
- What The Enginuity Group does and who they work with
- Expert insights into company valuation and buyer profiles
- Financing strategies for military veteran entrepreneurs and business owners
- Why riches are in the niches and why it’s important to have a vision
Greg and I also discuss why it’s essential to establish realistic goals and strategies, the importance of marketing, and the differentiation between value and price. Greg also talks about some of his goals for the future and how his military service informs all aspects of his work.
Connect with Greg:
Greg is also the guest speaker at our next Career Night in August. Register to attend here.
If you found this episode valuable, please share it with a friend or colleague. If you are a Service Academy graduate and want to take your business to the next level, you can join our supportive community and get started today.
Subscribe and help out the show:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Also available on Google Podcasts, Spotify & Stitcher
- Leave us a 5-star review!
Special thanks to Greg for joining me this week. Until next time!
-Scott Mackes, USNA ’01