Gary Griffiths (USNA ’72) is the co-founder and managing director of Wisdom LLP. A 35-year veteran of the high-tech industry, Griffiths has led some of the web’s most innovative companies. Prior to co-founding Wisdom LLP, Griffiths was CEO of iPass (NASDAQ: IPAS), a leader in global Wi-Fi technology and services, which was acquired by Pareteum, Inc (NASDAQ: TEUM) in February 2019. He was also president of products and operations at WebEx, acquired for $3B by Cisco Systems, Inc. Griffiths was also co-founder and CEO of Everdream Corporation, a SaaS company, from 1999 to 2005, acquired by Dell, and co-founder/CEO at HEAT.net from 1996 until its acquisition by Sega, Inc. in 1999.
Patricia Hume is a co-founder and managing partner at Wisdom LLP and has been named CEO of Canvas GFX. Wisdom LLP has invested in Canvas to fuel its growth strategy. Prior to Canvas, Patricia was chief operations officer of iPass, Inc., which was acquired in February 2019.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Their exciting new opportunity with Canvas GFX, an all-in-one software to create digital illustrations and images
- How Gary and Patricia will work as a team to maximize this opportunity in a $75B market
- Gary’s favorite investments over the years which include and angel investment in Zoom.us which went public in April 2019 and is currently valued at $25B
Connect with Gary and Patricia:
If you found this episode valuable, please share it with a friend or colleague. If you are a Service Academy graduate and want to take your business to the next level, you can join our supportive community and get started today.
Subscribe and help out the show:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Also available on Google Play, Spotify & Stitcher
- Leave us a 5-star review!
Special thanks to Gary and Patricia for joining me this week. Until next time!
-Scott Mackes, USNA ’01