“There’s so much more that goes into financial planning, especially when you’re talking business planning, than pie charts and spreadsheets. More often than not, it’s just clearing the way for the business owner to be able to work on the business instead of being sucked in to work in the business on a day-to-day basis.” – Donald Pearson (USNA ‘16)
Donald Pearson (USNA ‘16) is a Wealth Management Advisor at WestPac Wealth Partners and a Registered Representative (RR) & Investment Advisor Representative (IAR) of Park Avenue Securities. Upon graduating from the United States Naval Academy in 2016, Donald commissioned into the United States Marine Corps. He served as a Financial Manager responsible for all resources allocated in support of Marine Corps activities in Central and South America before joining WestPac. In his work, Donald most enjoys working with energetic, passionate, loving families and business owners that are growing and dedicated to making sound financial decisions to set their families and businesses up for long-term success.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why the Marine Corps accelerated Donald’s career as a financial advisor
- How the military veteran network helped power Donald’s successful transition
- Tips on how to become a successful financial advisor and build a good reputation
- Why WestPac Wealth Partners focuses on working with clients who are business owners
- How WestPac Wealth Partners helps business owners organize and coordinate their financial team
Donald also shares why exit and contingency plans should be the top priority for every business owner and how a financial advisor can help business owners significantly increase the value of their companies. We also discuss why building authentic relationships is the key to being successful in life and in business and enjoyed listening to Donald’s most important goals, which include hiring 10 Service Academy grad financial advisors, building out the largest Service Academy grad wealth management team in the US, and building a Service Academy curriculum to teach people about money before active duty. We’re inspired by Donald’s early success and can’t wait to see how his future unfolds.
Connect with Donald:
Subscribe and help out the show:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Also available on Google Podcasts, Spotify & Stitcher
- Leave us a 5-star review!
Special thanks to Donald for joining me this week. Until next time!
-Scott Mackes, USNA ’01