Alex Pederson (USAFA ‘08) is the co-founder and Chief Technology Officer at Polco, an online platform that supports community engagement in local government. Alex and his partner built Polco because they found that government officials, specifically those at the local level, have difficulty getting real-time and reliable input from their communities.
In this episode, Alex and I discuss:
- How direct feedback from a city manager led to a pivot in his business
- A success story with a small town 90-year old constituent that illustrates how Polco gives community members a chance to share their voices
- Why he thinks working with another Academy graduate or military veteran makes for a strong business partnership
- The key skills and lessons learned from his time at the Air Force Academy and in the Air Force that are helping him today as an entrepreneur
Connect with Alex:
If you found this episode valuable, please share it with a friend or colleague. If you are a Service Academy graduate and want to take your business to the next level, you can join our supportive community and get started today.
Subscribe and help out the show:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Also available on Google Podcasts, Spotify & Stitcher
- Leave us a 5-star review!
Special thanks to Alex for joining me this week. Until next time!
-Scott Mackes, USNA ’01